Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'll Have Another Round

This round of scans, bone marrow biopsy, doctor follow up - DONE!

Nothing to report other than another 6 months of being cancer free. What is left is the next round in 6 months and then it goes to yearly testing/follow ups after that. Only 3 more rounds left in the next two and a half years.

It's funny though, I can tell when people ask me, "How are you doing?", that maybe their real question is, "Has the cancer returned?" I had a couple of coughing spells in the last few months and a friend said to me, "I've noticed you have been coughing alot lately..." Given our familiarity, I replied with a snarky remark.

I was telling a retired nurse friend of mine about how I sense everybody still seems concerned about my health when I think they needn't be. She replied, "Let your friends be concerned for you and care about you."

I get it now. Nurses are so smart!

No comments: