Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Evidence Of Things Not Seen

For those of you who chose not to see a picture of my actual bone marrow last week (there was one taker), had you seen the picture, all you would have seen was ordinary bone marrow. I received a call today from Annette telling me that some of the initial results are back and there is no sign of cancer in my bone marrow at this point.

In addition, the initial results from my pulmonary function test that was administered yesterday is that my lungs are functioning fine. For the type of chemotherapy treatment that was administered to me, the development of pulmonary fibrosis can occur down the road. That's why the pulmonary function test is part of the follow up regimen.

So...here we are.....

"I've never wondered if I was afraid
When there was a challenge to take
I never thought about how much I weighed
When there was still one piece of cake
Maybe it's meant the hours I've spent
Feeling broken and bent and unwell
But there's still no cure more heaven-sent
As the chance to raise some hell

Oh, it's time to start livin'
Time to take a little from this world we're given
Time to take time, cause spring will turn to fall
In just no time at all..
.." - ARTIST: Stephen Schwartz

If you read this far, here's a link to Irene Ryan ("Granny" from "The Beverly Hillbillies") singing the song. 

No comments: