Tuesday, August 17, 2010

State Of My Gizzard

I reckon my doctor will give the official word on that when I see her on Thursday. There is nothing to date to indicate any concern. And since I really don't have a gizzard (nor will I ever eat them), there's another reason not to be concerned.

However, there is something that is getting my figurative gizzard. Currently, there are a lot of voices speaking and, of course, they all have something to say. I'm guilty as charged as I use my blog to say stuff. However, my stuff is legitimate and without fault. Really.

Some of the things said, I agree with. Some, I don't. However, there are things said that contain loose facts. "Facts" that are geographically, politically, scientifically, theologically, traditionally, morally, environmentally, "etc., etc. and so forth" incorrect.

To those who spew them with the intent to impose your beliefs, stop it until you check your facts. You are the same people feigning concern about the outcome of the economy and the future of your homeland and yet you spend your energy and cause others to redirect theirs to the insignificant "issues of the day." The 24 hours news cycle is a blessing and a curse.

My wish and prayer is that you focus your energy in the same direction and with the same dedication to humanity like those I have met since October 2008. Would you rather be remembered for tearing something down or for building something up?

"You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." - John Lennon

"I saw a new heaven and a new earth." - another guy named John

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Well said. AMEN!!!

Valerie Bosselman said...

Greg, how are you? Physically, that is...we do all know your state of mind :)

Love this blog. I gotta ask...in your journey with the alien, surely you had many who wanted to impose their views on you for recommended medical treatment, hospitals, etc.

My girl and I were bombarded. What was your response to that kind of imposed opinion? Think about it...cause I'll be quoting you!