Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Had I Known...." - Part 2



















As a member of my high school marching band, I marched in several parades including the Fireman's and Grand Feature Parades at the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival in Winchester VA. They always had celebrities in attendance and in 1975, I was able to obtain the autographs of Colonel Sanders (who was sitting in a hotel lobby surrounded by beauty queens when I approached him for his autograph) and Randy White. They were the first celebrities I ever met.

I found out when I am in San Diego there will be a celebrity in attendance at that event. I received the itinerary for the event on the 13th and posted it below. You will see who the celebrity is.

4:30-5:30 pm Dress Rehearsal (all parties dressed for event—cocktail attire, suits, pretty much anything but jeans!)
5:30-6:00 pm Meet & Greet for Finalists (and guests)/Ann Jillian/CURE staff in CURE Office (Chicago Room adjacent to the Marriott Hall)
6:00-6:30 pm Doors Open
6:30 pm Event Begins, Welcome and Intro by CURE’s Kathy LaTour
6:40-6:55 pm Honorary Mistress of Ceremonies, Ann Jillian
6:55-7:20 pm Reading of Finalist Essays
7:20-7:25 pm COBI Representative to Award Winner
7:25-7:35 pm Performance by Ann Jillian (accompanied by pianist)
7:35 pm Program closes/Food and drink begin
7:40-8:30 pm Photos with Ann Jillian and finalists, COBI staff, attendees

Yup, I'm pretty excited.

Ann Jillian - she's pretty.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I always loved her. I can't remember the name of the show she was on, but it was centered around waitresses who all worked at the same fine dining restaraunt. She was the sarcastic wisecracker.