Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Picture And What I Learned















Regular doctor appointment yesterday. Was good to see all of the good folks there. All is good medically. Platelets are still where they have been for awhile, but at a point that if I had to have surgery, I would be good to go. All other blood numbers were good.

I learned that the "alien" will always reside in my body as scar tissue. It won't dissolve and go away. Interesting. So, I'll always be carrying about 3 extra pounds. Hope it doesn't affect my qualifying for the 2012 Olympics Marathon.

The neuropathy that I feel in my toes will also be around for the rest of my life. It's not a big deal. I notice it the most when I have been on my feet for awhile.

The doctor was pretty happy with everything and I have no appointments until August. Then, there will be a round of CT scan, Bone Marrow Biopsy and doctor visit as part of a regular follow up schedule.

The picture....Nurse Annette and I. She's a Hokie fan, so that's why I didn't put her full image up there. Not really, I'm just messing with you. When we go to San Diego, they will capture the whole event on still and video camera, so you'll get to see her in those when they are posted.

On Monday, I record a version of my essay that will be posted and available as a Podcast. I imagine it will be a week or so before it is available.

Finally, and most important, a friend is having some surgery today to have one of their lungs removed. The outlook is optimistic for her recovery, but it won't be a walk in the park for her. She is a determined, strong and courageous person. She and those of us who know her would appreciate any good thoughts you could send her way.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

First sending good wishes to your friend. Second, you crack me up. Full Terp pics and half (or less) of anyone else....