Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Visual



Due to being a little paranoid and also thinking "green," I didn't throw away any empty prescription bottles. I put them in a drawer with the intent of calling the pharmacy and asking them to take them back for recycling. I didn't want to simply toss them in the trash because of the information on the prescription label. Before I returned them, I thought it would be interesting to line them up and show you how many prescriptions I went through between October 30, 2008 and October 3, 2009. There are a couple bottles missing, I suspect,and there were a total of 6 of the prescriptions contained in the paper packaging (for that prescription, 3 pills per prescription cost me about $62.00 out of pocket). The rest were generic and were pretty reasonable.

Just thought you would find the image interesting. If you look closely, there are some bottles with pills left in them. The reason is that my blood work indicated that I needed to discontinue taking that particular prescription. The stem cells did their job.

At this point, I am not taking any prescriptions at all.

Ain't that somethin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you - no more pills! Bad for me since I manage the manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients. Couldn't you at least take Micardis for hypertension or occasionally by some Mucinex?

-Judith