Monday, January 17, 2011

Facts Of Olfaction

I should have known.....

Today, after I signed in at registration and before I walked down the hall to the waiting room in Radiology, I had to make a stop in the rest room. After all, I drank two 450ml bottles of contrast solution and then 24-30 ounces of water before the scan - all within a 90 minute time period. It's required by CT scan "law."

As I washed my hands, I smelled the scent of the soap. They haven't changed their soap supplier at the hospital since October 2008. The memories came right out of the recesses where they reside.

Enough so, when the nurse said to me, "We're going to put you through one more time for another picture," I tried to recall if I passed through the CT scanner the same amount of times today that I have in the past. What was the reason for the "one more picture?" Who knows? I'll know in a day or two. I'll get a call one way or the other.

Pardon me for this, but it might have been because they were amused at my intestines today. I had some serious gas. No clue why. It could have been due to the contrast solution. Possible side effects from the the oral contrast may cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and/or abdominal cramping. 


I hope they got a picture of my good side.

No comments: