Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Smiles In (And To) Clayton NC

The explanation of this photo comes below (from an e-mail I received this morning).

"Y'all what a crazy night we've had!   My water broke a little after 7:00 and by the time we were on the road to Rex, my contractions were 3 minutes apart.  The baby was born at 8:24pm!  Very fast.  But the most amazing part is when they laid the baby on my belly, the doctor said, 'Well your boy is a girl!'  Yes, the ultrasound tech was wrong.  We have a baby girl!

Her name is Allyson Brindley Baker and she weighs 7lbs 15 oz and is 21 inches long.  Rob and I are still in a little bit of a state of shock that we have a baby girl.  Poor Bo is reeling from the news.  So we'll have lots of shopping to do to replace all of our blue stuff with pink!

We're all doing great and are very excited!"

In addition to being a cool kid, Bo is now a brother. A big brother. To a little sister.

I know how that is going to go, and I can't wait to see it.

Cade meelah foyle-ta row-ott!


2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wow. A sister. What a nice surprise for them. It won't be long before you will be playing video games with two kids!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome for Bo and his parents! In this day and age, I didn't know there were surprise sisters anymore.

-Judith