Friday, July 9, 2010

"Roll The Rug Up. It's Today"*

An article, written by Bill Lohmann, is in today's edition of The Richmond Times Dispatch.

Their newsstand sales may spike a little bit today just from my own efforts, I'm thinking.

Yes, I did post this entry shortly after 3AM this morning, well, because I was curious.

I am very pleased with the article and he related alot from the "blah, blah, blah" that I fed him when we met. I was hoping that he would capture the fact that no matter the diagnosis, there is hope because you will be surrounded by amazing folks. Some that you know and some that you will meet along the way. If you have ever had any personal contact with me, you are as much a part of this article as myself.

If I've never met you, but you have been a caregiver for a person diagnosed with a catastrophic illness, the article is also about you.

I told him that I can recall everything that was done for me and everyone that shared(and continue to share) in my journey. Those stories perk me up when I need perking up and make me shake my head and say, "Wow!"

"Go into the world in peace. Be of good courage; hold fast that which is good; render to no one evil for evil; strengthen the faint-hearted; support the weak; help the afflicted; honor all people."

*Jerry Herman

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Wow! Great article on a great guy!!