Thursday, July 8, 2010

Nothin Yet

Probably sometime next week, I'm thinking.

I sent a note yesterday to the folks at the MCV Apheresis lab wishing them a Happy Anniversary. Yesterday was the one year anniversary of our meeting when they started the process of collecting my stem cells. I thanked them for their contribution in continuing my life.

For fun, I want to share with you what I said to the "Team In Training" folks the other day.

"After one of my chemotherapy treatments, I was standing in the treatment room talking to another patient. One of the nurses came up to me and said, 'I know you are on your way out and I am about to step away from the room for a little while. I wanted to catch up with you before you left and say goodbye until next time.' She then proceeded to give me a hug which I 'begrudgingly' accepted. I looked at the patient I was talking to and said, 'Had I known life was going to be this good, I would have done this cancer thing a long time ago.'

Throughout my cancer treatment experience, I have met some fantastic folks, was absolutely spoiled by friends and family, and experienced some things I never could have imagined. And now, I stand here in front of a whole new group of people who I have never met until today and I am looking at folks who are unselfishly committed to making the lives of others better through their individual efforts.

I thank you for what you do. Had I known...."

No comments: