Tuesday, September 14, 2010

An Offering

I offered this excerpt, (with my "spin" put on it) from the New Testament book of Revelation 21:1-4, to the folks I talked to on Sunday.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea (C - as in "cancer") was no more. I also saw the holy city (an oncologist, an oncology nurse, and a medical assistant), a new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God (coming into the exam room), prepared as a bride adorned for her husband (prepared with treatment medications and recommendations for healing). I heard a loud voice (voice of assurance) from the throne saying, "Behold, God's dwelling is with the human race (in the form of research, cures, scientists, medical professionals and caregivers). He will dwell with them and they will be his people and God himself will always be with them (as their God).He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, (for) the old order has passed away."

That's what I've seen.....and continue to see.....

"Alright somethin's happening
Hold tight it might be lightning
Turn up the lights I feel like dancing
Can't sleep at night my heart keeps missing a beat"
- Peter Frampton
 

No comments: