Friday, February 5, 2010

"My Name Is Frahnk-n-steen"

Tidbits from yesterday's appt. with the doctor:

ME: Did you know I was awake the whole time during my colonoscopy?
HER: Good. I called them down at MCV and told them you didn't need any sedation for the procedure. Glad they listened to me.

ME: Am I one of your success stories? Physically, that is?
HER: Yes. I'm happy about your progress physically. Mentally, not so much.

HER: I looked at your blood titer results and they do confirm you won't need any reimmunizations. If you want to get a Hepatitis B shot, you can go ahead and do that, but only if you think you'll be engaging in some irresponsible behavior.

I like the way she and I get along.

As far as the "real purpose" of the appt., my blood work shows things are all good. The platelets are inching back up and getting close to the low end of the normal levels. It is a fact that those counts are the ones that take the longest to get back to normal. Their current levels are not of a concern at this point.

Richmond VA Theatre plug: "Golda's Balcony" at the Jewish Community Center. Saw it on opening night (last night). Very good piece of historical theater (As a kid, I remembered hearing about Golda Meir, but did not really know the issues she was addressing). It is a one woman show and a great friend of mine portrays Golda Meir. She does a great job and the show is very powerful.

No comments: