Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Oh Yes We Did....
















...have fun in Bone Marrow Biopsy land today.

I made some small "signage" with the word "Biopsy" in the middle of a "NO" Graphic (i.e. the circle with the slanted line). I also made an arrow with the words, "Biopsy Here" in the middle of the arrow to "help" her locate the biopsy area. We are all in this as a team and anything I can do to help the Doctors and Nurses do their jobs better, I'm there for them.

I also made some stickers for the Nurse Practitioner that read, "Be Nice To Me, I Did A Bone Marrow Biopsy Today"(for her to wear in the office). For her to wear at home tonight, I made one that read, "Make My Dinner, I Did A Bone Marrow Biopsy Today." She was amused.

Because she said I was brave, I even got a Tootsie Roll treat afterwards. My wish, when I get a bone marrow biopsy, is that people standing outside the room hear nothing but laughter coming out of the room. The Nurse Practitioner said that is a pretty rare occurrence, but I think we succeeded today. For me, it does have it's uncomfortable moments, and I still have anxiety about it, but today it went well and it is a mind over matter thing for me. I won today.

As far as the results of the bone marrow biopsy (i.e. Are there any cancerous cells cancer residing in my bone marrow), I will hear something in the next week or so.

Next up - a Pulmonary Function Test and then a meeting with the doctor in a month to review some secondary cancer screening bloodwork.

1 comment:

skippy said...

First. Pretty sure you don't need a Pulmonary Function Test. Your heart works better than anyone I know. Happy Valentine's Day.