Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Day Just Like Any Other....Not!

First order of business, Bo's scans from yesterday came back clear. "Move along sir, nothing to see here!"

I think this is a neat musing from Bo's mother. She wrote it on Monday, two days prior to Bo's scans.

"The best thing is that Bo doesn't seem bothered by it at all. He lives in the moment. He will be upset by it on Wednesday but until then, he will just be Bo. He will enjoy each day and each moment as it is. I have prayed that God would grant me that kind of peace. As adults I think we would all love the peace that comes from "not knowing"- the childlike innocence. I guess we can never get that back. I just hope that Bo keeps that for as long as possible."

I hear that.

I'm working through processing the "getting back to normal" thing and also knowing that what was normal doesn't exist anymore. I have a case of "Survivor Energy" (as I call it). It means I want to fix the cancer world. Some of the professionals I have encountered have said to give myself some time after I got the all clear to get involved in any "save the world" stuff. However, I think while I have the energy and stuff is still fresh in my mind, I'm going to at least get in the car and start the engine.

Started the process yesterday by meeting with some great folks at the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship . We had a great conversation and they have some excellent resource material. I wish I had known about their material earlier in the process. As I told them, "I've purchased a car before and I know how to do that. When I was diagnosed, I had to follow some gut/survival instincts, as I didn't necessarily know how to do what was ahead of me."

That's what I want to be able to do for others. I.E. Help get information in their hands at the right time and in the right dosage.

Kind of like a mental dose of chemo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great news for both Bo and Hunter!

- Judith