Monday, February 1, 2010

Read All About It
















I was going the whole "No news is good news route," but, in advance of my appt. this Thursday with my regular oncologist, I confirmed with the good folks at MCV that I will NOT need to be re-immunized for the "kid stuff" (i.e. measles,chicken pox, rubella, etc.).

I was a "bit" happy about that. It's all about the fact that I received my own stem cells back vs. someone else's. Good stuff.

Another cool story is that there was a kid on the same floor as I was when I was a patient at MCV this summer who received an allogenic stem cell transplant due to being treated for sickle cell anemia. He was featured in a television news story while I was there. Last week, he was featured in another television news story due to the fact that he is now considered to be sickle cell free.

I am really happy for him, but I also get excited for the doctor's and nurses that treated him, as they also deserve to celebrate their success.

"How about a round for everyone!"

No comments: