Monday, March 7, 2011

Translation, Please...


I was contacted last Friday by one of my contacts from the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship. He asked me if I would be interested in being interviewed for a newspaper article about the American Health Care system and how, as a cancer patient/survivor, it affected me. I was all over it. Especially when I saw that it was for the Tokyo Shimbun Newspaper. As I've said to others, if you had told me 35 years ago, when I was standing on the haywagon, stacking hay, that I would one day be interviewed by a Japanese newspaper, I would have asked for some of what you were drinking. Pretty cool stuff.

As you know, I had something to say to them. I spoke about things I have talked about here before, so I won't bore you with the details, but if I have to say so myself, I think I articulated pretty well my perception of the challenges that a cancer patient faces at the outset, during the time of treatment, and what lies ahead. It's not a walk in the park, and it probably never will be.

However, we ain't angels and this ain't heaven.

Yet.

1 comment:

Valerie Bosselman said...

No surprise! You are gifted at articulating your thoughts! May this journey take you around the world!!