Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Whoa, Now Hold On There Partner...

Holding off sharing any of the medical stuff from recent appts. as there is still some information to come...i.e. the most recent bone marrow biopsy was Monday and it takes a week or so for those results to come back. Initial comments from the doctors are all positive.

While at MCV on Friday, I had a chance to also visit with the good folks on the hospital floor where I spent my 3 week "vacation" and also had a chance to visit the folks in the lab that collected my stem cells. It is truly humbling to have them greet you warmly when they see you. While in the stem cell lab, I had a chance to have a conversation with a patient who was having stem cells collected and is waiting for her admission to the hospital. She was pretty anxious about what was ahead of her. I shared my story and offered her support. It was humbling to be able to do that.

Saw "Super Bo" and his family (including his new sister) last Saturday. They all looked great and Bo KO'ed me in a game of Wii boxing. Once I realized his avatar was wearing Duke blue, I came back in the next match and ended it early.


“Now I begin to feel that all that is important comes in quietness and waiting; and that activity should be only the working out, the digesting and putting forth of what one learned, so that one may become empty again to receive more.” - Rodney Collin 

No comments: