Thursday, March 4, 2010

Two For One

Well....since I did have a big time last night watching the Terps beat the evil empire in basketball, I'm feeling generous today.

When the doctor walked into the exam room today, she said, "Why are you here? It's great to see you, but everything looks great, so why are you here?" I told her that my port needed to be flushed out (it is supposed to be flushed out every 4-6 weeks) and because my evil oncologist (I.E., her) wouldn't let me have it removed just yet, it had to be attended to. She did say that it could go 6-8 weeks and it would be fine, hence the scheduling of my next appt. in May vs. April.

I did tell the medical assistant when she asked if I was feeling any pain, etc. that I had what felt like a "tweak" in a tendon or something behind my left knee. It's not constant or uncomfortable pain, but rather it comes and goes. I told her that when I go for my walk, it goes away in the middle of the walk. Her response, "Well then get up off your tail and go for more walks." She and I also get along in our own unique way. There was once that we had to hold off taking my blood pressure because we had made each other laugh too hard. She actually left the room so both of us would quit laughing.

As far as the "tweak," you do become sensitive to those kind of things and you wonder if it is latent issues with the chemotherapy treatments. So, you ask the medical professionals and you get your answers. Then.....

Last week, when I was in DC, I parked at the parking garage at Union Station. You can park there for 2 hours for $1.00 if you get your ticket validated. I was down to the wire and I found myself jogging up the escalator to get out of the garage in time. It's a long escalator and two years ago, I would have been pretty winded by the time I got to the top had I jogged up it. Last week, I literally felt great when I got to the top. No tweaks, no severe heavy breathing AND I got out in time to get the $1.00 rate.

Maybe one should stick with Fearing The Turtle and not the chemo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I support your glee over beating the evil empire and Scheyerface v2.0 was classic. Gotta love the Terps totally irreverant hatred of the dookies. We hate them too but in a more mutually respectful sort of way. And way to go on your sprint!

-J