Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bookends And What To Do

Was thinking the other night about what to do about the blog. There really isn't anything to tell you about my process until the next set of scans or I come up with something witty.

Then...yesterday, I "met" two people on-line via a Leukemia and Lymphoma Society connection I have established through LinkedIn. One of the individuals is starting her first round of chemo (this is her blog) on Friday and the other individual has been treated for reoccurring lymphoma for 9 years. We shared some knowledge gained from our experience.

It felt good to share the information. I haven't been to any in-person support groups since I was diagnosed, and I most likely will not. I have an aversion to them that is my own personal opinion and I ask that you respect that, as I will respect anyone who can be helped by attending a support group. I'm more of a "one on one" kind of guy about that stuff. That's all I got to say about that.

In the spirit of sharing information, I will pass this link on to you. It's from cancer.net which is "Oncologist-approved cancer information from the American Society of Clinical Oncology." Knowing what I know now, it's also information that is approved by me - if that means anything to you.

1 comment:

skippy said...

First. Hooray for cyber friends.