Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Previous Day Is Under Review
















Here's the thing.

There wasn't a bone marrow biopsy yesterday. My mistake. There will be one soon, but not yesterday.

Still met with the Nurse Practitioner and told her to prepare herself for when it does happen. She had the nerve to tell me, "You are one of the more unique patients we have." She did some diplomacy and said, "We enjoy your visits." Sure.

There was blood work yesterday and for the first time in ages, pretty much all of the blood parts they monitor were normal. Platelets are still below normal, but the Nurse Practitioner said they are the last things to bounce back. However, they are at a level that is considered "normal" at this point in the process. She said my blood work results were a strong indication that my stem cells did come back and do their job.

Yesterday was also potentially my last infusion of anything...ever. They have a bell that they ring in the clinic when someone has their last infusion. I declined it. They understood. I'm not a "bell ringing" kind of guy. They did it for someone else yesterday and we all applauded for them.

See you around...just not as often. I got stuff to tell you. Stuff I've read and heard about treatments/stem cell research, etc. I'll pass it on at least on a weekly basis.

2 comments:

skippy said...

First. 318 posts last year is a pretty good clip. YDS did only 48 or 49. You can take the foot off of the accellerator and still be posting a whole lot.

terpballboy said...

Ha, I like that title!