Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Script

This is a preview for you of the script I will be recording for Virgina Blood Services.
Thought I would share it with you.

Hi, this is Greg Frazee. I’m calling to say thank you to the person in your house who recently gave blood with Virginia Blood Services. Like yourself, I was a regular whole blood and platelet donor. I considered my donations as my contribution to the fight against cancer as my platelets were often directly matched to a cancer patient. In October 2008, I was diagnosed with stage 4 Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. During my year long treatment, I often received whole blood, platelets, and plasma donations. As a result of my cancer diagnosis, I regret that I will never be able to donate blood products again, but I would like to encourage you to spread the message to those who can donate. Currently, I am in complete remission and am grateful for donors like yourself that continue to donate. I sincerely thank you for your gift.

Another thing I want to share. In church today the pastor, who was assisting the Senior Pastor with the service, offered up these words in prayer.

"Help us to know that no tragedy is a sign of you administering justice."

Amen.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Our pastor said something similar yesterday, and then went on to add that those who preach stuff like that do the church far more harm than good. =)

skippy said...

I like it, but maybe you should open with a joke.

Greg said...

Skippy...you mean like, "Two platelets walk into a bar. The bartender says, 'Why the long face?' The platelets say, 'That may work on the horse, but not on us.'"