Saturday, November 14, 2009

Not Too Bad

IVIG infusion went relatively well. I started around 9:45 and finished around 2:15. There were some chills and shaking that were listed as a possible side effect. The nurse got them under control once I let them know about it. It's difficult sometimes to be a hypochondriac about some of this stuff especially when you have had similar symptoms in the past prior to being diagnosed with an alien.

However, it is important to let the doctors and nurses know when you are feeling something out of the ordinary.

Another thing I have learned is that it is very important for the patient to be well informed of the medications they are taking and the details involved. For instance, since I had a reaction to the sedatives used in Wednesday's biopsy, I took the paperwork from the hospital that listed the sedatives and the amounts that were administered on Wednesday to yesterday's appt. I informed the Nurse Practitioner of the drugs and my reaction to them and she appreciated knowing that information before the infusion started.

As far as physical reactions to all of the pharmaceuticals this past week, I feel better today than I have since Wednesday. My suspicion is that since my body has been through some pretty significant changes due to chemo, the "bounce back" factor isn't as strong (for now) as it was in the past. That's a question for the doctor on Monday when we review the biopsy results.

Next IVIG infusion is scheduled for December 10.

I got nothing to post until Monday after the appt. with the doctor. Catch you then.

2 comments:

skippy said...

First. Hope your "bounce back" bounces back!

pnlkotula said...

We missed you at rehearsal last night. Sending up a prayer that all is well at your appointment today.

Lisa