Sunday, November 1, 2009

Recurring Dream

For several years in my recent history, I had a recurring dream that involved a room that I would never enter. The room was in my house (even though the house in the dream was nothing like the one in which I actually live). Sometimes, there would be obstructions in the hallway that would lead to the room and I could never get to the room. Other times, I would get to the room and be afraid to enter. The room was always dark, but I could see shapes of things in the room (boxes and furniture) through the sheer drapes that hung in the windows of the french doors leading into the room. During one of the dreams, I discovered there was another entrance to the room on the other end of the room from the french doors. In that dream, I entered the room, turned on the lights and walked up to an oriental armoire and started opening it. All I recall is that there was lots of cool stuff inside of it, but I do not recall the specific items. That was the only time I ever entered the room when I had the dream. Once I entered the room, I thought that it would put an end to the dream as I had analyzed the dream as an anxiety dream and entering the room meant that I had resolved my anxiety. I continued to have the dream after that, but never entered the room again.

I have not had the dream since last year when I was diagnosed with NHL.

"Some studies have indicated an indirect relationship between stress and certain types of virus-related tumors. Evidence from both animal and human studies suggests that chronic stress weakens a person’s immune system, which in turn may affect the incidence of virus-associated cancers, such as Kaposi sarcoma and some lymphomas (5).

More recent research with animal models (animals with a disease that is similar to or the same as a disease in humans) suggests that the body’s neuroendocrine response (release of hormones into the blood in response to stimulation of the nervous system) can directly alter important processes in cells that help protect against the formation of cancer, such as DNA repair and the regulation of cell growth (6)." - National Cancer Institute

Between now and Thursday of this week, I got nothing witty to say. Tomorrow, I will be drinking the banana smoothie for the CT scan (you've read about that adventure before - although, they did have the option of a macchiato flavor this time. No thanks. To me, hell would be a table full of lima beans and coffee for eternity.) and then Tuesday is the PET scan. I promise to post on Thursday as soon as possible after the results appt. If I think of something witty between now and then, I'll post.

See ya!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will eagerly await Thursday.

- Judith

skippy said...

Dood, Coffee is your friend.

Kathleen said...

IF you think of something witty to say......you always come up with something witty. :)

Sarah said...

Dude, there's always a chance that Voldemort is hacking into your brain...I'd recommend brushing up on your Occlumency. =P And go read the freaking books already if you have no idea what I'm talking about! Sheesh! =P