Monday, November 9, 2009

A Question You May Ask (The Radiologist Did)

When the doctor discussed the PET scan results with the radiologist on Friday, the radiologist commented, "Why don't you just have the glowing area removed surgically?"
The doctor replied that since it was lymphoma, there would be a danger of a cell breaking loose and circulating into the lymphatic system and creating some new havoc.

I've told people that I'm pretty confident about getting to heaven. It's the length of my stay that may be in question because I'm going to have lots of questions. The initial questions are going to be based on God's research and development on the human body. I think the research and development was pretty good work, but I wonder if the execution of the project got awarded to the lowest bidder.

Tomorrow is another "Turkey Baster Day" (i.e. alien biopsy). No food or drink after midnight. I have to arrive at the hospital at 11:30AM and the biopsy is scheduled for 1PM. After the biopsy, there is a time period where I have to remain in a "holding area" for observation. I'll have my I-Pod and sheet music to study for.....shameless plug alert...

Music In The Old Church
Grace & Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
November 21 @ 2:30 and 8:00 PM
Directed by: Jimmy Hicks

I went to my first rehearsal last night (they have been rehearsing since early October) and the music is amazing. It is a Richmond VA "Do Not Miss" event. If you think you may be interested in attending, contact me and I can fill you in on ticket information.

Today's schedule....off to work for the first time since July.

Send good thoughts and prayers today for Hunter and his family as he has a set of scans today. Waiting for the results is a tough time. Also remember my "stem cell alumni" friends, if you would.

2 comments:

skippy said...

First. There'll be no "causing havoc" of any sort inside of Greg's body. Outside, however, that's another matter altogether.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great day at work. Despite the fact that it is absolutely crazy at work with deadlines for a project which will be nothing short of miraculous to beat, I had a good day today.

- J