Thursday, November 12, 2009

Would, Coulda



Biopsy - done.
Greg after the biopsy - almost done in.

Had a reaction to the sedative that was used during the biopsy. It started as a cramping feeling while I was still on the CT "bed" and then evolved into some pretty serious "wooziness" (to use a "medical" term). The cramping subsided after a little while, but the wooziness stayed with me and even at this very minute it is still there to a lesser degree than yesterday.

Anytime I was moved, including standing or sitting up, I would get lightheaded and nauseous. Fun times. I guess it's the result of the body getting kicked around by the chemotherapy. I had no problems with side effects from previous biopsies, so this caught me and the nurse by surprise. I did have the same nurses that I had with previous biopsies and they are great ladies. The lead nurse called over to post surgery later on just to check on how I was doing. I told the nurse to tell her we had started happy hour without her.

Needless to say, I was pretty out of it the rest of the day. Came home around 3:30 or so and went directly to bed, where I stayed until 7AM this morning. Yesterday was your opportunity if you wanted to inflict physical harm on me without any resistance from me. You could probably get by with it today.

Tomorrow at 9:30 AM is my first IVIG injection.

Today is the one year anniversary of my first chemo treatment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My post disappeared.

I am sorry that you had to go through the wooziness but good for you for going home and getting right into bed. Nobody would ever want to take advantage of your wooziness and inflict bodily harm on you at least not anyone who regularly visits with you here.

I hope you had a better day today.

And the anniversary marks a year's worth of victories.

- Judith