Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Would You Believe....

On Friday, November 6, I got the "all clear" from the doctor to resume normal activities. On Saturday, November 7, I traveled to Annapolis MD to watch a marching band competition. At 12:09 PM on November 7, I was caught on radar breaking the speed limit in Washington DC. First day out....... Ain't that somethin'.

The folks at MCV are still reviewing my scans to determine if radiation treatment is recommended. It's not that they still see some cancer in there, they don't. However, they are thinking they may want to zap the area to prevent any recurrence. The have been talking to my doctor and are talking among themselves to determine what they want to do. I should hear something today. I'm glad they are taking their time and talking to each other about it.

Still waiting to have the testing done to determine what immunizations I will have to retake. I'm not sure, but I may have to wait until after any potential radiation treatment to get those. I'm going to confirm that with the doctor when I speak to her next.

As far as flu shots, I have not had either the regular or H1N1 yet. They are not available here at this point in time. Something about them not being available annoys me a bit. I don't think it's a grand conspiracy or anything, but communication is lacking about the availability of them.

Bo goes in for his next round of scans tomorrow. It's an anxious time. However, he is my role model when it comes to these kind of things. Rather than focusing on the fact that tomorrow is a set of scans for him, he is doing the following (per his mother's post on his Caring Bridge page): "Bo is focused on Wednesday for another reason. He has big plans for Wednesday night. It’s the premier of the new Ben 10 movie on Cartoon Network. Needless to say this requires pizza and cupcakes. His buddies from the cul de sac are coming over to watch the movie with him. They have all been counting down the days."

“He deserves paradise who makes his companions laugh” - Ancient Sacred Text

1 comment:

pnlkotula said...

Yay for you breakin' the law! You are an amazing ambassador for getting through all this. So many will find help and comfort in this blog.

Love, Lisa