Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Oh The Things I've Done, In Fact Each And Every One.."

I'm bustin' to tell you some news about the news, but I'll hold off. It's all good stuff and kind of exciting. When it happens, I'll will post it right away.

However, I did hear some news today that is kind of cool. Bo is scheduled to be a big brother somewhere around January 20. How great is that for him and his family?!?!?!

I signed up as a volunteer for the local chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. One of the first activities I will do with them is speak as a patient who has benefited from their efforts. The event is a training session for their "Team In Training" activity. After I speak to them, I will join them in a 6 mile training walk. That happens this Saturday (July 3). Last year on July 3, I was going to MCV to receive my first injection to move my stem cells out of my bone marrow.

What a difference a year makes!

Title Credit: "I Am Waitin For The Light To Shine" - Roger Miller

2 comments:

Lauren said...

"...are the way that I was taught to run..." I'm incredibly impressed by your knowledge of musicals. Big River is one of my favorites!

Greg said...

I don't know them all - just the ones I've seen or been in. "Big River", however, is near the top of my list of favorites. Ironically, the "secret word" for this post is "Nonsaush."