Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Straight From The....

The finalist essays are up on the CURE website. Note: If you want to pass on the essays to others, feel free to do so. However, don't copy and paste them into an e-mail. Rather, pass on the link to the web page. Hopefully by now, you've read the one that Valerie wrote. The one that Catherine wrote is a pretty neat story too.

I speak for myself, but what I think those of us (including all the others that were submitted and those who could have submitted an essay) who wrote the essays want you to know is that the journey through cancer is not one you take alone. You don't have to.

I told one of the other nurses that I encountered in the process,
"You know, it (the essay) was written about an individual, but I feel that way about all the nurses I encountered in the process. There is no way any healing could have occured without their involvement. Know that YOU are one of those 'special stories' I tell others."

Her reply was, "Thanks Greg, I can speak only for myself in telling you that I am the one who is so blessed with the people I have the opportunity to work with, and if anything I do makes this process a little easier then I have done my job well and there is deep reward in that."

I told you so.


No comments: