Sunday, December 6, 2009

Betwixt and Between

Still working on them questions.

Here's the deal. I read my blog post from a year ago and shake my head at the energy, and maybe a little determination and resolve. Then I realize that at that time, I was thinking it would all be over by spring. It ain't.

That plays with the head.

Yesterday, I slammed a skillet against the counter top because it wasn't coming out of the dishwasher as easy as it should have. I threw something else down on the ground because I could feel it slipping out of my hands and I decided if it wanted to be on the ground, I would be a catalyst for it.

I'm keeping a close eye on the whole emotional and mental part of this and I already know what resources are available if it gets out of hand. I don't think I'm close to that yet, but I want to assure you that I am in control of that.

Then...I read blogs and stories from other patients who have dealt with cancer issues that are more traumatic and spread out over more time.

"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion . . . . I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
Author: Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

No comments: