Sunday, December 13, 2009

Take 2 Anxiety Parts....

...Got rid of two in the last few days. Found the Seasonal and H1N1 shots and got both of them. I did have anxiety about not being able to get them in time.

Also, the antibody blood titer test was taken on Thursday when I was in for my "booster juice" infusion, so I should hear soon about which vaccines I get to retake.

If you want to take a shot at me, now is the time. Platelets are low - high enough to drive and do physical activity - but still at a level where bleeding doesn't stop as quickly as it does at the normal level. The gentleman that gave me the H1N1 shot noticed that. I also noticed there was more blood on the bandage that they put over port after the infusion on Thursday. What the doctor recommends when I'm working in the yard is to wear gloves and not leave any area of skin exposed to cuts, etc.

As I understand it, even though the last chemo treatment was in July, the body will still take up to a year to recover from some of the side effects.

Warning, I am probably a little crankier now than I been in awhile. The crankiness should start to subside later on in the week as the news and information roll in, but I do get annoyed pretty easily - not at everything - just at some things. To comfort you so that you know I haven't gone over the edge or anything, here's a story for you.

I was using my mower to clean up some leaves in my backyard yesterday. I hit a tree root that was sticking up and it stopped the mower and bent the blade. Normally, I would have run to the hardware store and bought a new blade and finished the job. Instead, I said, "I take it as a sign that it's time to stop." The yard isn't finished. I'll finish it someday. But for now, if someone doesn't like the way my backyard looks, they can clean it up for me.

I guess there is a lesson in there somewhere about not rushing to judgment or getting cranky too quickly.

1 comment:

skippy said...

First. I'm all for rushing to judgment. Saves time.