Monday, December 21, 2009

"Wond'ring Aloud"

Picked up the "magic solution" for the colonoscopy prep on Saturday from the pharmacy.

The pharmacist told me that when they called it in for insurance company approval, the insurance company disagreed with the dosage amount. The pharmacist said she had to spend time convincing the insurance company that the dosage amount was correct and proper for my particular situation.

She said it was a very frustrating call.

So.....a colonoscopy is a procedure that could eventually prevent the payment thousands of dollars for the insurance company and they are fighting with the pharmacy over a difference of about 60 dollars worth of diagnostic medicine. If you work for an insurance company and can explain the logic of the conversation that the pharmacist had to have with the insurance company, I would appreciate your input.

I'm not disputing, I'm admitting my ignorance.

Trust me, I'm not excited about ingesting 4 liters of a solution that is intended to do what it does. However, if it saves grief down the road, "Thank you, please may I have another."

By the way, I may not be all that conversational tomorrow evening after 6PM and then Wednesday after 6AM.

"Wond'ring aloud --
will the years treat us well...
..And it's only the giving
that makes you what you are."
- Jethro Tull

2 comments:

Stevo said...

I once drank the magic elixir, "Go Litely" for a that fun procedure. In my opinion the "prep" work is MUCH worse than the actual procedure. I'm hoping someone from the Insurance Industry responds to your request for input. I always appreciate your openness to listening the other side of an issue.

skippy said...

Here's the insurance company's PSA.

http://pol.moveon.org/insurance_execs/