Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nastiness And Other People's Blogs

As a follow up to yesterday, when Barbara Ehrenreich mentioned that she became nastier as a result of her breast cancer experience, I can say that I totally understand that it happened. There have been times, that I have shared in this blog, when I wasn't the model person/patient during my process. It's part of the process to help work through the issues. It's very similar to the Elizabeth Kubler-Ross model that she addresses in her book, "The Five Stages of Grief."

The key is to recognize you are in a stage that needs assistance from others to help you move through it. I chose a select group of caregivers and friends early in the process that had permission to be honest with me and express when they thought I needed to address an issue.

I mentioned the other day about "talking about oneself." I was thinking about it in conjunction with an e-mail that a friend sent to me in response to that particular blog post. I do enjoy hearing the stories of others and you can check out what blogs I follow my clicking on my profile. I encourage you to check them out. I wish they would post their stories more often. I know some interesting people.

1 comment:

skippy said...

First. You'll pardon me if I don't add the Maryland Gridiron Network blog to my follow list! LOL. I'm honored to be at the bottom of your list, you are still my only follower.

YDS.