Thursday, October 1, 2009

What's Up With That?

I only have three for "the list" today.

1) If the person is in the hospital, stop by their house, pick up their mail and take it to them in the hospital.

2) If they are allowed to exercise, go for walks with them. It's great exercise and also a way to have good conversation.

3) Pick up their prescriptions for them.

While I was out walking yesterday, I remembered a story. It MAY have happened at MCV and the resemblance of any person(s) in the story to actual person(s), living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Early in my stay, after I had set out the bowl of candy for staff, I offered some candy to one of the nurses. She was delighted and asked if she could take enough to keep at the nurses station rather than having a parade of folks coming to my room for candy. I told her that would be perfectly fine. She left the room and came back with a "bowl." It was a medical toilet hat. She took some ribbing from her co-workers about using it as a bowl. Her response was, "It's clean!" I knew for a fact that it was fresh out of the closet and hadn't been used before, but I let her have her fun with it.

Here we are, October 1. 30 days from now is Day 100. There will still be restrictions after that, especially with the H1N1 issue. Here's a good H1N1 article from today's Baltimore Sun. Take care of yourselves (and others) out there!

“I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.” - Winston Churchill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Help someone w/ a bucket list, only before the reason really is serious.

RERC said...

Love the quote from Churchill.