Monday, October 26, 2009

What Happens In Clayton

From Rob Baker's (Bo's Dad) Facebook:

"We held the first ever St. Baldrick's Event in Clayton (NC) on October 24. Our original goal of getting 20 shavees and raising $10,000 for childhood cancer research was blown away. In five fun filled hours, we shaved over 100 heads and raised over ...$62,000! Out of 34 events in North Carolina this year, Clayton was the third largest in funds raised. I can't tell you how proud I am of my hometown and all of the people who participated in this wonderful event. God bless all of you!!"

Below, a picture of Bo shaving Hunter's (from Manteo NC) head. Funny story - Bo and Hunter first met on Friday night. The first thing they did when they met was lift their shirts and show each other their port scars. I'm a little nervous about the first time I meet them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I love it when bald guys take their shirts off for me! That might be TMI and they are a bit young. I know several fine folks in Clayton. It's a good town.

Fear the clippers!

- Judith

skippy said...

Salt of the earth folks out there in North Cackalacky....