Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Let's Have Another Round

Continuing the theme from yesterday, here are some more:
1) Help with yard work.

2) Send cookies - make sure it's OK medically for the person to have them.

3) Help with dusting and vacuuming.

4) Put together a bag of fun stuff. For reference to what I call "fun stuff" go to the Archie McPhee website. I have a friend who has this down to an art/science.

5) Send a prepared food gift certificate. Here's a website suggestion.

6) Don't worry about what to say. Let natural conversation flow as you would at any other time.

7) Don't change your relationship because of the circumstance. Your relationship will change as a result of the circumstance. Don't be surprised if it's difficult to relate at first. Hang in there and welcome the change. Trust me on this, your relationship will be strengthened if you hang in there.

8) Send an e-mail to say "hello" and connect.

9) Have a Children's Sunday School Class send handmade cards. I received some from the Children's Class in the church in which I grew up. Priceless!

10) Go with them on important doctor visits and be a second set of ears. Take paper and pen to take notes.

I've mentioned my theater friend Jay in previous posts. He is having a tough time right now. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I remember when I first met him and his infectious laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Item #5, check. Have you tried them yet?

- J