Friday, February 20, 2009

And Away We Go

My favorite superhero, Bo, was released from the hospital yesterday and is at home.
Say it with me, "Let's Go Bo! Let's Go Bo!"

Today is 4 weeks away from the meeting with my oncologist to review the scans, etc. to determine what's left.

Fire-Flowers

And only where the forest fires have sped,
Scorching relentlessly the cool north lands,
A sweet wild flower lifts its purple head,
And, like some gentle spirit sorrow-fed,
It hides the scars with almost human hand.

And only to the heart that knows of grief,
Of desolating fire, of human pain,
There comes some purifying sweet belief,
Some fellow-feeling, beautiful, if brief.
And life revives and blossoms once again.

E Pauline Johnson (1861-1914)

2 comments:

skippy said...

First! Pretty poem. Although I think it applies well to what you are going through, I couldn't help but think of the wildfires in Australia as well and the devastation wrought there.

Anonymous said...

Let's go Bo. Let's go Bo. Let's go the Tar Heel doctors treating Bo! My friend David participated in renal cancer trials at UNC hospitals in 2007. Sadly his outcome wasn't what we all hoped for and he left us on 2/1/08 but I can only hope that the sacrifices that he made might make Bo's outcome so much better.

- Judith