Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Time For Another Joke

Before the joke....Two good friends were with me the night I was admitted to the hospital. One was sitting with me in the ER when the doctor told me what they found in the CAT scan. Soon after, the sick humor started (they were giving me an audience and I played it). The thing the three of us recall most from that night was the laughter and the surprised look on the doctors faces as they came in the room and heard us laughing. I think we made them review my charts several times.

And now the joke:

A woman with terminal cancer returns to religion with fervor. She knows that God will help her get better.

Early in her sickness, a surgeon proposes radical surgery.

"No", she says, "I don't want to get mutilated and suffer pain. It's not necessary, God will help me".

A while later, she sees a radiologist and he proposes radiation to treat the tumor, which by now is uncomfortably large. "No", she says, "I don't want radiation burns inside and out. It's not necessary. God will help me."

A year later, the cancer has metastasized. It's painful and she is referred to an oncologist. Chemotherapy is advised. "No", she says, "I don't want to be sick all the time and lose my hair as well. It's not necessary. God will help me".

Soon after, she dies. She goes to Heaven and demands an audience with God. "Why didn't you help me?," she whines.

"What do you mean? I sent you help three times: a surgeon, a radiologist and an oncologist. What more did you want?"

SOURCE: http://www.learningplaceonline.com/illness/humor/jokes/05-archive.htm

1 comment:

JPNtheHUN said...

Nice variation on the man on the roof in the flood! Am glad you still have your (awful) sense of humor--how else would we know it was you?