Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Waking Ned Devine - Part 2

Wanted to share a quote from the movie, "Waking Ned Devine." If you have never seen it, I won't tell you the context of the quote as to not spoil the movie for you when you do see it. However, it's my favorite part of one of my favorite movies.

"Michael O'Sullivan was my great friend. But I don't ever remembering telling him that. The words that are spoken at a funeral are spoken too late for the man who is dead. What a wonderful thing it would be to visit your own funeral. To sit at the front and hear what was said, maybe say a few things yourself.

"Michael and I grew old together. But at times, when we laughed, we grew younger. If he was here now, if he could hear what I say, I'd congratulate him on being a great man, and thank him for being a friend."

3 comments:

JPNtheHUN said...

It's a fun movie--and I like your choice of quotes. Way too often we think we've got all the time in the world, when we don't. Thanks for reminding us that the folks we love are the most important part of life--and we need to tell them what they mean to us! Have I mentioned lately how much I treasure your friendship and inspiration?

erinnicole said...

That part always, always makes me cry. Never fails!!

Greg said...

Uncle Greg - making niece Erin cry since the day she was born!