Thursday, February 12, 2009

This Site Has Been Cracking Me Up

There is some very funny stuff on this site: http://www.gotcancer.org

Way back (feels good to say that) before I started chemo, a friend commented that I used the word "cancer" pretty freely. I recognized that she was correct as soon as she said it, but at the time, it was pretty new to me and was the most important thing going on in my life at the time. It's still new to me, as the body reacts differently to chemo treatments every time and it is still the most important thing going on in my physical life.

However, sometimes I forget about it and I wonder if that's all part of the healing process; if I'm bored with it and ready to move on; or if I am in some state of denial. I reasoned with a friend that I am not in denial, but rather, my trust is in the caregivers that were placed in my life to deal with the physical aspects of this. My job is to grab hold of all the mental aspects of it (and seek help as needed). It's important to me that it includes some humor of all forms. In the past, if I played the word association game, I never associated the word, "laugh" with the word, "cancer." I had it wrong.


"To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep"
(Music by Pete Seeger)

1 comment:

JPNtheHUN said...

Need to share another blog with you this AM--it made me laugh: http://www.wittenburgdoor.com/noahs-blog

I think you already know the story.

Laughter really is the best medicine.