Friday, February 6, 2009

Yesterday Stuff et alia

Chemo Day never fails to be a fun day in the room and it was all good yesterday. What's upcoming in my schedule is the next chemo is Feb. 26 (which will be the 6th one). The original plan called for 6-8 chemo treatments. I tried to strike a deal with my oncologist and told her I would be happy to honor her on St. Patty's day if we could get this done with 6 treatments. She replied that is her hope, but there will be a CAT scan and a PET scan that will be required before we know if we have killed the alien. Ironically, those scans will take place on March 16 and 17 (so there will be solutions going in me on St. Patty's day that will be more unique that anything that would be consumed in her honor on that day). Then, the chemo treatment that would occur on the 19th has been cancelled (for now) and I will meet with her on the 20th to see what the scans reveal.
Here's where my head is about 6-8 treatments. If it takes 8 to kill it, I have no problem with that. Things have been going well so far and let's do this thing right. I am amazed at how well I feel compared to how I felt in November and December. Still, the doctor did warn me to not overdo it. I did find out I can go golfing and they recommend that I play a walking course. Got my eye on the weather! Also, I'm allowed to give the embolism stockings a break. She said if I start to get swelling in my legs, to put them back on.
If the news is that all is clean on March 20, I will designate that day as St. Sharon's Day (the first name of my oncologist). Either way, it will be a good day as there will be answers in some positive form on that day. Yesterday, I got a little melancholy when I realized that potentially there could only be one more visit to my chemo friends. They told me that I didn't have their permission to not visit them after it was all done. GREAT LADIES!
A pastor friend is a big fan of the group RUSH. Started reading some of their lyrics and listening to their music. Intriguing. Don't know why I've ignored them this long.
I am concerned about my potential to make it to heaven because of scripture from Revelation,Chapter 8, verse 1-...."there was silence throughout all heaven for what seemed like half an hour." Don't know if I could make it that long. I know that I even talk in my sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should chose St. Benignus. It's alreay his day on March 20 and it seems appropriate somehow.

I am delighted to read that the chemo is treating you well.

- Judith

JPNtheHUN said...

how have you known me AND ignored RUSH? We need to talk, young man! What am I gonna do with you? Geesh.

skippy said...

Today's Tom Sawyer,
He gets high on you,
And the space he invades
He gets by on you.

No, his mind is not for rent
To any God or government.
Always hopeful, yet discontent,
He knows changes aren't permanent,
But change is.