Thursday, February 26, 2009

Good Morning, Good Morning

Chemo Day!

Yesterday, a friend of mine said to me, "You are the only person I know who has undergone chemo treatments, that looks forward to and enjoys them. You are sick!" I told them that I have responded well to them and the people that work in the chemo room make it a great experience.

That's another lesson I've learned in this. No matter your job, position, activity in which you are involved, etc. you have an opportunity to make that moment enjoyable for someone else.

My brother told me a story last night about the time he was walking through Union Station in Washington DC and saw a kid on a class trip have an unfortunate event with her food while sitting outside and eating her lunch. The kid had no more money to buy more food, so he approached one of the chaperones and gave them more money out of his pocket to buy the kid some more food. Needless to say, more than one person came out of that event with a positive experience and possibly a different outlook on residents of Washington DC.

Go Good!

No comments: