Monday, February 23, 2009

Cool Stuff

Found it amusing when I was working in the yard on Saturday and listening to music on my IPod that I listened to Waylon Jennings, Rich Mullins and Michael Jackson. Now there's an assortment. Yet, I believe if they all ever had a chance to meet, they would be friends with each other.

Diversity is good.

Yesterday in church, as the bell choir started a song called "Morningdance," I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be neat if one day they played 'Simple Gifts?'" I kid you not, in the middle of the song, out came the melody of "Simple Gifts." In the Methodist church, the word "grace" is important. I enjoyed that moment of grace as I enjoy the moments of grace in the chemo room.

Talked to an older gentleman yesterday that was diagnosed and treated for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma 3 years ago. He is still "clean" and told me he lost 85 lbs and has kept it off. He also said the chemo treatments were awful for him. He said at one point he asked them if they were trying to kill him. I told him I enjoy chemo days as I have lots of fun in that room. I guess it is another example of everyone reacting differently to their treatments. It's very important to understand that reality as a patient, or as someone who knows someone who is being treated for cancer. Unless I hear it from my oncologist, statements about alternative treatment, how someone else reacted to treatments , etc., I have learned that I shouldn't be concerned why my reactions are different.

Countdown to chemo #6: 3 days.

2 comments:

skippy said...

First! An ecletic playlist is the sign of an intelligent mind. I'm not sure Michael Jackson is making too many new friends anymore....

skippy said...

*eclectic ... Sheesh.