Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Maybe This Will Stick

I have issues with folks who makes LOTS of money, wear nice clothes, put on make-up and tell me how bad I should feel about the current economic situation.I'm not denying the reality of the current economic situation.

However.......,I love the people I have met in the last few months, who make a decent income (which of course is no where near as equitable as the first group), they wear nice clothes, sometimes they wear uniforms or vestments, some wear make-up, and their heart's desire is to work hard to make others feel better and possibly heal their ailments.

It's obvious to me which message I should be listening to and which of the two sets is grossly underpaid.

I have listened to plenty of messages in the last few months. The messages I most appreciate are the ones that are based on research intended to improve life. I have no time for messages that do not offer a promise of hope, fulfilled dreams, creative thought, innovation, or openness to other thought or opinion. It doesn't matter to me that the "reality" of non-positive thought is contained in the most intelligent economist, brilliant politician, studied scientist, most honored statesman or religious "scholar."

I have a banana bread recipe that came somewhere from a few generations back in my family. I treasure it. I can't make the banana bread with only the flour. I have to use all of the ingredients. Sometimes, I add strawberries and chocolate chips just to make it different and somewhat innovative. I like it both ways.

The lack of brain activity is used as an indicator of death in a human body. Think about that before you close your mind to new ideas.

PER "SKIPPY'S" REQUEST

Pat and Mike had been drinking buddies and friends for years. After having a few drinks in a bar, Mike said to Pat "We have been friends for years and years and if I should die before you do would you do me a favor? Get the best bottle of Irish whiskey you can find and pour it over my grave." Pat replied, "I would be glad to do that for you my old friend. But would you mind if I passed it through my bladder first?"

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

LOL! You always brighten my day!