Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Day In The Life

Now I know how many holes it takes to fill Albert Hall. Have listened to that song for years and for some reason, that part of the lyric jumped out at me yesterday.

Was going through some old e-mails that I wrote last year while I was diagnosing myself and it was interesting, to say the least, to go through them. It's been quite the year and as I said to a friend last night, "Cancer aside, I've had a great year!"

What I mean is that I have had the chance to meet some amazing people that make me smile when I see them and hopefully I am able to return the favor. I have seen people at their best as they have helped me recover and kick some alien butt. I have learned how to respond to others who may be going through their own individual personal challenges. I have identified some potential volunteer opportunities for the future, targeting cancer patients.

An interesting note on those volunteer opportunities: I have talked to folks at both clinics about them and they made the comment that I wait awhile after the final scan and treatment and get back to "normal life" before I start offering myself as a volunteer. I think that is wise advice.

No comments: