Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Found This

I promised way back that I would do some research on how to locate blood banks. To find blood banks in your area, click here.

Some of you all may not be within driving distance to a location. However (and my medical professional friends can help me verify this), call your local hospital and ask them if they are able to accept blood donations. You don't have to give platelets specifically to make me content (as if you should worry about that anyway). A few of the platelet transfusions I received were gathered from whole blood donations.

"There's nothing you can do that can't be done.
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game.
It's easy.

Nothing you can make that can't be made.
No one you can save that can't be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time.
It's easy." - Lennon/McCartney

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I am eligible to give these days due to my recent surgery, but I will try to get back in the donation mode soon.

- Judith

JPNtheHUN said...

When I could no longer donate blood for transfusion I found out I could donate blood for research. Both labs were in the DC area, but I have to believe there are others out there. And it gave me the same warm, fuzzy feeling that comes from donating in the first place. Now that my meds have changed again I am not eligible for either, I encourage everyone I know to give when ever they can. And to recognize it is a blessing to be able to give!