Friday, September 25, 2009

Must Stay Focused

Back from today's visit with the Nurse Practitioner. It was great to see her as I haven't seen her in 3 months. I told her I was glad to "be home." She's been an important part of this whole process from day 1. She's done a great job with making sure my head has stayed in the game.

I have some freedom. I am now allowed to do my own laundry and go to the grocery store (at non-peak times). I'm even allowed to go to a restaurant- but again, at non-peak times.

Crowd situations - Movies, Church, Theatre, Sporting Events, etc. are forbidden.

Still not allowed to go into my work office for another 2-4 weeks. They said that my counts are good, but that the immune system is still compromised to the point that it wouldn't "accept" the flu vaccinations yet and that I shouldn't put myself in situations where I would be susceptible to viral infection. The main words of wisdom today was: "Wash your hands." I've been keeping the soap and hand sanitizer folks in business since last year.

Here's another interesting Stem Cell article from today's Baltimore Sun.

Maybe it's because I've watched too much TV, but this product makes no sense to me. Who wants to sit in a bathtub and wait for it to fill up when you can be doing other things? It also bums me out that Karen Grassle is in their commercials. In my opinion, she was the best looking TV mom of the 70's.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those tubs are for people who have no business trying to get in and out of a conventional tub...the elderly, disabled, stroke patients, etc. A lot of older people can't lower themselves into a tub safely and can't get out safely because it's too slick and they aren't as agile and flexible as they once were. Bathtubs are dangerous places... It's funny, though, as someone who has never had any physical limitations, I can understand how you'd say, "Whaddya mean you can't get in the tub?" When I first started as a nurse's aide, patients would tell me they couldn't walk...I just can't imagine it.