Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More Stuff I Learned

There is a company in Rockville MD named Neuralstem that has received FDA approval for clinical trials to treat Lou Gehrig's disease. Here's a link to an article about it. Neat stuff.

Another article appeared in today's Baltimore Sun about the states of Maryland and California collaborating on stem cell research.

I know it's a bit self-focused to talk about these, but it's kind of like when you buy a new car and you notice that there are lot of cars like yours on the road because you are paying attention to them due to your recent purchase.

However, I find it all fascinating. That, and the more I know about it makes me rely less on those who communicate with emotion instead of knowledge.

"I don't wanna know your name
Cause you don't look the same
The way you did before
OK you think you got a pretty face
But the rest of you is out of place" ("Fox On The Run" - Sweet)

No comments: