Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Nicely, Nicely, Thank You

Back from today's clinic visit. I actually drove myself to that visit. It's the farthest I've driven in my car since July 15.

Counts are climbing and they say I am doing well. Platelet counts busted through three digits for the first time in ages. The low end of the "normal" range is 140 and today I was at 104. I haven't had to have an infusion of anything since the first week after I was released from the hospital. Clinic visits have been show up, get blood drawn, wait for results, review and go home. I did talk to a clinic oncology fellow today about a slight pain I had been feeling in the tip of my shoulder. I had read some info about how it could be a sign of body organ enlargment, or other potentially troublesome issues. We discussed the severity of the pain, it's location, etc. and she came to the conclusion that it may be a touch of arthritis. I considered that good news.

Today, while I waited, I went to visit some of my friends from upstairs (clinic is on the 7th floor and my hospital stay was on the 10th floor). The room I was in while there was empty. I don't think they have been able to exorcise it from the demons I left behind. It was good to see my friends from up there. They are good people.

My next appointment is Friday. I will meet with a doctor that day and discuss being discharged from MCV's care and back to my regular oncologist. Hoo-hah! I'm pretty fired up (in a good way) about that visit.

"Feel the city breakin'
And ev'rybody shakin'
And we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive." - Bee Gees

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-)

-Judith