Friday, September 4, 2009

Today - Part 2



I am officially discharged from the folks at MCV. What it means is that I am going to be turned over to the care of my regular oncologist immediately. My appt. with her is next Thursday. It will be great to see the gang.

Restrictions are still in place as before, although I am now allowed to walk outside in non-large crowd areas without my mask. I still am not allowed to do cleaning, laundry, go to the grocery store, etc. and the doctor said that would probably be in place for another month or so. I'll continue to beg for help until then.

He also recommended that anybody with whom I am in regular contact, get their flu shots ASAP. As far as my flu shots, I am not ready to get them yet and probably it will be another month until my system would be able to "interact" with the shot to give me the protection that is intended by the shot.

I walked through the hospital today and thanked the folks I had encountered for their help. I won't be seeing them as often, but I will see them. Good people.

My next set of scans to see what is going on will be somewhere around Day 100 (end of October). Approximately one year after the initial diagnosis.

Overall, good progress and as I've told people, "I feel good right now and it's amazing to know that I'll feel even better in a month."

2 comments:

Pat said...

That is such great news! Keep going good, Greg!

Anonymous said...

First and goal, Greg. You will score soon.