Sunday, September 6, 2009

How Do These Things Happen?

Two friends showed up yesterday afternoon. May not sound like all that big of a deal to you, but.... I knew one friend was coming over to visit and before she came over, she asked me if I needed anything from the store. As there were some things I needed, I gave her a small list. In addition, she brought along lunch and some fresh tomatoes out of her garden. I'm allowed to eat tomatoes, they just have to be washed really well.

While we were eating lunch, another friend showed up just to visit and also help with some chores around the house that needed done. I didn't have anyone set up to do those chores as it's still hard to ask people to help with stuff like that.

I have told several friends lately that I think too many people spend time hoping and looking for "burning bushes" in the world. What they are missing are miracles that are bigger than burning bushes. My opinion (and I have a few of those) is that if Moses had climbed the mountain and seen a burning bush along side of an internal combustion engine, the burning bush would have been small manna.

Yesterday, I saw two of what Moses never got to see.

"And that's good enough for me."

No comments: